Questions Everyone Has When Settling Into College

A few questions and their answers, in order to make college life a little less confusing.

57
onlinecolleges.net

Well, it seems the excitement of moving onto campus is starting to die down, but the questions are quick to arise. What will I do now? How does one properly "college"? There really isn't a right or wrong answer, but let's answer some of the other questions running through your mind.

Is it like the movies?

To make a long story short, no. No, it's not. So, don't go around expecting people to be trashing the place with epic parties or having aca-epic a-cappella practices.

Speaking of parties, what are they like?

Parties do happen. Depending on what school you go to, they can be a frequent occurrence or a more hush-hush operation, done only at the most opportune times. Will there be drinking? Most likely. Will there be loud music and people dancing out of beat? Probably. Will you be ridiculed if you do not go or do not drink? No. If anything, you may have to endure a few snide comments here and there, but just remember to stick to your guns!

Most importantly just be safe.

So, does this mean I'm an "official" adult?

Yes and no. You are out on your own and allowed to do your own thing, but you also are still set expectations; whether it be from professors, the staff members of the school or your peers. Don't freak out either way, and be sure to ease yourself into adulthood, not hop on in, flags waving.

Roommate? How will that go?

If you live in a dorm, chances are that you are not alone and have an assigned roommate. Sometimes students are allowed to choose their roommates, but the question remains, how will this living situation go? Will we get along or will we hate each other? Will my roommate be crazy? Or stuck-up? Or unwilling to compromise? How do I go about telling my roommate that things have to change?

It is a big concern, but it is crucial to remember that it is not the end of the world if you and your first roommate do not get along.

Why does everyone look like they're still in High School?

I know this was the question that frequently occupied my brain. As I walk around campus after class, it always boggles my mind that everyone is a college student, whether they look like it or not.

What could possibly be so bad about 8:00 a.m. classes?

Take it from me, morning person or not, taking an 8:00 a.m. class is NEVER a good idea. At all costs, avoid having one for as long as you possibly can. Your sleeping schedule will thank you.

So, what do I do for food?

Depending on the school, dining options should be offered. If it is a small school or community college, sometimes they will have vending machines but not many other food options (This doesn't apply for all community schools). Many schools will have a dining hall, which is a fancy name for a cafeteria. So rest assured, you will not starve.

Now, rest easy with these questions being answered. And have a great college experience.