Being an English major is interesting, to say the least. There are so many different career fields you can enter with an English degree, yet for some odd reason, people always assume there are only two paths we can or want to take. Every time I tell someone I'm an English major, I get hit with the same set of questions.
Next time someone tells you they're an English major, avoid asking these 17 questions.
2. So you want to be a writer, then?
3. Well, what ARE you going to do with an English degree?
4. Can you write my paper for me?
5. Well can, you at least edit my paper?
6. What's it like having such an easy major?
DO YOU THINK WRITING 8 ESSAYS A WEEK IS EASY?
7. How do your parents feel about you being an English major?
8. So you really enjoy writing, huh?
9. Is it easy only having to read for homework?
I have to read a total of 26 chapters of several different books by tomorrow morning, but yes, it's extremely easy.
10. Are you like a grammar nazi?
11. Do you know how to spell _______?
Do I look like a dictionary to you?