No, I Will Not "Put Some Clothes On"

No, I Will Not "Put Some Clothes On"

Social Media is a form of self-expression. I get to choose what I post.

15
No, I Will Not "Put Some Clothes On"
Missguided

Recently, I read an article about ladies choice of clothing. The author states that you should not post photos of yourself in revealing clothing. But I would just like to say, I wear what I want. I post what I want. I know there will always be people that look at my decisions with distaste, but it is still my decision. You are correct when you say that you will not be able to avoid all of the girls that post these things on social media. Because people post things they feel comfortable in. Why does that concern you in any way?

You have gone swimming. Maybe at a beach, maybe a pool. And you see girls walk around in bikinis. So why does it matter if a girl posts a picture in a crop top and shorts, or shows a little bit of side boob. It's their body!

But one thing that was stated really got to me. So let me say this. I do expect my boyfriend or girlfriend to accept what I wear. Because as you said, people might hit on me, but how much do you want to bet that that is how things started with me and my significant other. The person getting into the relationship KNOWS that that is how I or any other girls dresses, when they start something. So why is it fair for them to try to get someone to change, after you get together. Guys may hit on me, guys hit on everyone! It's not about what I wear, it's about trust and loyalty. If a guy were to hit on me, I would say I have a boyfriend. No matter what I was wearing. He would not break up with me or any other girl because of the way we dress, and if he did, then that seems slightly shallow.

Everything in today's society is open. You walk down the street and you will see lingerie ads, or girls in bathing suits everywhere. So don't act like you cringe if you see a girl in her bathing as you're scrolling on instagram. The truth is, people can wear and post whatever they'd like. That is exactly what social media is for. That does NOT mean someone is asking for it. That does not mean that they deserve to be talked about. All that it means, is that they had the confidence to post it, and that is admirable in itself. So, to anybody that says "Put some clothes on" How about you focus on yourself. Thank you.