Let's Put 'Christ' Back in Christmas

Let's Put 'Christ' Back in Christmas

Don't forget the real reason for the season.

51
Let's Put 'Christ' Back in Christmas
Village of Gate Mills

I love Christmas time for many reasons.

But the main reason is the reason for the season: the birth of Jesus.

A lot of people tend to forget the reason for Christmas. They focus on other aspects of it such as money, presents, and other tangible items.

Christmas is a wonderful holiday. It brings families together to spend time with each other and feel the love that surrounds them. It brings them together to play games, drink hot cocoa, and reminisce on the good memories. It brings them together to eat Christmas dinner, open presents, and more. All this makes for a wonderful holiday. Christmas is great, but we often celebrate it for the wrong reasons. We sit around cracking jokes, eating until our bellies are full, and that is our way of celebrating the holiday. But we do not remember WHY we are celebrating Christmas. Some just view it as just another day with presents and food. It is so much more than that.

But it's not the presents or the food or the games that matter. It's about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. People tend to forget about that. They focus more on the presents and the time spent looking for presents than the actual time spent with family. They tend to forget about the bigger picture. This is an issue when it comes to celebrating the holidays. I'm guilty of doing it, and so are most people. We focus on making people happy. If the world could bring the 'Christ' back into Christmas, I think the holidays would be a happier time. We would be happier people, and the world would be an all around happier place. It might be difficult, but it can be done if we all work together.