Puffball But Make It Fashion

Puffball But Make It Fashion

This winter is brutally cold, but that doesn't mean you can't be fashionable while bundled up!

6
Puffball But Make It Fashion

When it gets really cold outside, it means it's time to bundle up to stay warm. Layering clothes is essential during the winter, but what exactly do you wear to layer and look stylish at the same time? Here are a few items and tips that I've learned to help make your winter a little more stylish (These are my favorites and personal tips but of course you can wear whatever you like!)

Puffer

from personal ig: eileenn.nguyen

Puffer jackets are one of the greatest items to have this winter. Sure it's big and puffy, but that's the beauty of this jacket! Puffers allow you to layer, ensuring you'll be warm when you go outside. As seen in the photo above, I wore a black puffer jacket (from TopShop) and decided to wear a thick grey sweater underneath. Although wearing pants is more ideal in the winter time, I wanted to go the extra mile and wear a red skirt (from H&M) to have a more festive look. I did wear black and thick tights underneath so my legs could still have coverage. Tying up the look with white socks on top and some black booties and you got yourself a stylish outfit! Puffy jackets don't just have to be worn when you're wearing sweats or pajamas. You can use it as a topper to your look!

Scarves

Photo via me.

Scarves are an obvious item to have for when the weather gets cold, but the kind of scarf you add to your look makes it all the worth while. Depending on the color palette of your outfit of choice, having a scarf that matches that color palette will help tie up the entire look. Here I have a beige colored scarf (from H&M). It's warm and cozy and matches the overall theme of the look, and the photo overall. In the photo, I'm wearing a thrifted denim jacket with classic denim jeans and a white knit sweater. Denim goes with just about anything, as does white. So adding a beige colored sweater helped add a little contrast to the denim on denim and white. Because beige is a neutral color, it went along with the outfit accordingly.

If you like wearing colored scarves, such as red, definitely wear it with any denim looks or solid colored outfits. Because it is a bold color, the scarf should be the main component of the look rather than the top and bottom. For patterned scarves, also wear it with solid colored looks as the patterned scarf also makes a bold statement.

Turtlenecks

from personal ig: eileenn.nguyen

Turtlenecks may not be everyone's cup of tea, but personally I think it's one of the best articles of clothing anyone can have in their closet. The turtleneck can act as a scarf, as it wraps around the neck. Here I have on a turtleneck knit sweater (from YesStyle). It's a very thick knit sweater so it's very warm, perfect from really cold winters. On top of that, I have on a blazer that I thrifted. The blazer was large enough that I could wear on top of the sweater, which creates a more chic and casual look. To top it all off, add a kind of trench coat if it's super cold outside.

There are various ways to bundle and be stylish in your own ways. If you need inspiration, I hope this helps you figure out your winter layer essentials! Stay warm!