3 reasons why I think Puerto Vallarta is the best LGBTQ+ city in Mexico

Find out why you should be booking your flight right now to Puerto Vallarta.

1013

If you’re anything like me, you love to travel. However, as a member of the LGBTQ+ community finding a place that doesn’t just tolerate you but also celebrates your identity and lifestyle is hard to find. That’s why I make it my mission to do my research before traveling to any place because I want to make sure I will have a great time being my whole self. This brings me to Puerto Vallarta and why it is my favorite and hands down the best city to go to in Mexico if you identify as LGBTQ+. So let’s get into it!

There are multiple places exclusively for the LGTBQ+ community in the city.

a bike parked next to a wall with a painting on itPhoto by Maria Teneva on Unsplash

When you travel you may find it hard to find places that truly accept who you are. That’s why I like to research and find out ahead of time. So when I found out there were restaurants, bars, and specific nights/events just for our community, I knew this would be a great place to visit. There are places like Elixir Mixology Bar, Blondies, and Blue Chairs just to name a few! All of which will have you wanting to go back for more!

Traveling around the city is always a 5-10 minutes drive.

brown and white concrete building during sunsetPhoto by Miguel Naranjo on Unsplash

This may not be a big deal for most, but this is great to know before going on vacation. You should always know how long it will take to get to your favorite places and what transportation options are available. The local bus is always going to be your cheapest route. However, if you’re new to traveling or just a little nervous, this may not be for you. Uber is available as well and is also reasonably priced if you don’t want to taxi, which is also available. However, if you’re not one to carry cash on you, Uber will be your best choice.

​Your Pride experience will never be the same!

https://pixabay.com/en/gay-gay-pride-pride-parade-pride-1453594/The History of the rainbow flag from 1970 to nowhttps://pixabay.com/en/gay-gay-pride-pride-parade-pride-1453594/

Pride in Puerto Vallarta is one of the best Pride celebrations in the entire world! There are so many events in different parts of the city, you’ll definitely want to plan out your experience. The parade is one that involves almost every business and organization in the city which is very beautiful to see! There are very few cities (in my opinion) where you’re able to see that type of support come out during the parade, and once you get a taste, you’ll only want to do it every year!

So by now, you’re probably looking up flights and hotels for Puerto Vallarta, which was my plan all along. Just know that it will probably be love at first sight, and it will be hard for you to leave. My advice. While you’re there, live it up, and save a margarita for me!