A PSA for This Holiday Season

A PSA for This Holiday Season

A quick word in light of recent events as we roll deeper into the cold times

10
A PSA for This Holiday Season
FreeImages.com/kjt

As of the end of this US election season, the country is definitely in for what could be a wild ride for the next four years. People are scared, worried, and generally upset over what could happen to themselves or their loved ones. Some people are pointing out things calming down, while we also have a good number of people pointing out things bubbling up all around us.

But while that's technically over, we also approach the holiday season.

While it is reasonable to have fear, this is the most opportune time of the year to remind those around us that we love them and to offer them our comforts. What better way to stay safe than to do so surrounded by friends and family gathered together in intimate settings, with our thoughts off of our worries even if just for a bit.

To all those who feel hostile or unsafe, this is my message to you: take this holiday season as a time of truce, a sort of armistice at the very least if you will. It is in all of our best interests that we start to love one another as if the world doesn't seem like it's going down in flames for once this year.

Furthermore, let this not just last until New Year's Day. Rather, let this time be the gateway to more good in the world - the kind of good where you do things just because you know they're good things. Extending past election season, the world would simply be a better place if everyone just loved each other and every person was reasonable, would it not?

I urge everyone to reflect on these things as the year as well as time overall goes on.

Thank you.