Proverbs 31 woman
Religion

Proverbs 31 woman

Attributes of a ideal woman.

172
www.theodysseyonline.com

Being a young woman I have felt the pressure of today's society on how to become the "perfect woman". Men desire a woman who has a tiny waist, has no flaws and is good in the kitchen. Woman in today's society are trying to fill the same shoes of men in every aspect. God designed us to be different. We come from the rib of a man. We as women need to understand that if God wanted us to be able to compete with a man, He would have made us equally.

God has made us into exactly what the world needs, a steady hand. A woman who fears the Lord, who is far more precious then rubies and a woman who bears good fruit. In chapter 31 of the book of Proverbs we are given a detailed list of what the "perfect woman" should be like.

The woman who fears the Lord

Proverbs 31:12 - "She does him good, and not harm all the days of her life"

31:20 - "She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hand to the needy"

31:25 - "Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come"

31:26 - "She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue"

31:30 - "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised"

Who cares if you aren't a size 0 or 2, who cares if your skin isn't flawless or your teeth aren't pearly white. Nothing in this passage says you have to stay on top of the latest fashion, have to color your hair a certain color or have sun kissed skin.

God designed you perfect in His image, the same God that put the stars in the sky, created you exactly how He wanted you. Stay true to yourself, and grow in His word. Grow into the woman God designed you to be, don't fall into todays society of what the worlds "perfect woman" should be. Stand tall in your faith, don't let this petty world we live in trap you into someone you aren't.

You will do great things darling, trust the Lord, lean on your friends and plant your roots in His words. Become the ideal Woman of God.