LGBTQ Twitter Reclaims The #ProudBoys Hashtag From Hate Group

Twitter wars are common but this is hands-down my favorite internet hoedown. LGBTQ couples are taking over #ProudBoys hashtag because these are the men that deserve all the love. The "Proud Boys" hashtag was originally used by a far-right group who applauded how President Donald Trump answered a question about white supremacy. (According to a CNN/SSRS poll, 64% of voters think Trump has not sufficiently denounced white supremacy.) In comparison to the LGBTQ community who fights for love, the far-right Proud Boys group is "misogynistic, Islamophobic, transphobic, and anti-immigration."

They in no way should be proud of all the hate they carry and the real proud boys will never stand back and stand by. They are loud, proud, and in love. All things needed to start a movement for positive change.

Twitter