Pros and Cons of Being A Transfer Student

3 Pros & 3 Cons of Being A Transfer Student

Does it suck or are you totally excited?

207

I recently transferred schools. Here are some pros and cons I've faced so far!

Pro 1

If you finished your associates degree like me then you are able to just go ahead and jump into all your courses intended for your major! Which is great because that means only about *two* more years until you have a degree! (But let's be real it will probably take three years) There's nothing wrong with being optimistic though!

Con 1

When joining clubs or organizations you can feel out of place or really old because most of the other students in them might be freshmen. It can be a little awkward at first, but don't let that stop you! Make the most out of your two-ish years!

Pro 2

You already have study habits down and know the basis of how college courses are normally run. It's like community college was test driving a car and university is buying the car and driving it everywhere!

Con 2

If you don't live on campus it can be very difficult to make friends. So you feel odd trying to make friends and asking for people phone numbers. Especially those in your class and you can't seem to remember their names.

Pro 3

Moving away from home and into your own place. Finally, you get to make the rules and stay out however late you want to! You can do really anything you want! Walk around naked, eat all the junk food and get fat, eat in your room, stay up until 4 am (because why not). The list goes on and on and on!

Con 3

Oh crap, you have your own place...

That means bills, grocery shopping, driving myself places, doing my own laundry, cleaning my room and dishes. Now you SO much more to be responsible for, is this what they call adulting? If so, I don't want to be an adult anymore. I miss my mom, SOS.