Project Apollo Archives

Project Apollo Archives

This project by NASA to upload every image taken by Astronauts during the Apollo missions are must see.

247
Project Apollo Archives

If you have not heard of the "Project Apollo Archives" then you definitely need to check this out (LINK HERE). This project was created and done by NASA's Johnson Center as they scanned the High-Resolution images as it now consists of every photo taken by NASA Astronauts during the Apollo missions. With over 14 thousand images (14,406 to be exact) these images are must see material as the website has collected over 1 billion views since being completed.

The Apollo missions resulted in 12 Astronauts landing on the surface of the moon, as this project shows pictures from missions 7 all the way through to missions 17. Included in this project are the most famous pictures taken by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, as they were the first humans to land on the Moon in July of 1969 during the Apollo 11 mission.

As you're browsing through the images, there will be a few that you recognize, like the famous picture of Neil Armstrong's first step on the moon, and the American flag alone on the barren landscape of the Moon. Some of the more famous pictures include the images the Astronauts took of our home planet. One of my favorite pictures is the image that shows an "Earthrise", which shows our planet from the surface of the moon.

Even if you're not a big space nerd like me you still definitely should take the time to look through some of these images. What makes these photos even more special is the fact that all of these photos are completely unedited. The photos being unedited is cool because since these are the raw photos from the astronauts, it gives a cool insight into these missions from the astronauts perspectives.

It's definitely something that you should check out when you have some downtime, you'll definitely be shocked by some of the images, enjoy!