7 Things I Do To Make It A Great Day

7 Things I Do To Make It A Great Day

These little things can make a huge difference in your day.

70
7 Things I Do To Make It A Great Day
https://pixabay.com/en/coffee-pen-notebook-caffeine-cup-2306471/

Some mornings are rough and others are even worse. I have been trying to work on my routine and think I have finally compiled a list that is both simple and easily implemented.

1. Prepare the night before

Pack your lunch, organize your backpack, and plan your outfit. It may seem simple and almost juvenile, in respects to the whole outfit planning, but it saves so much time. You no longer have to rush around looking for a matching pair of socks or resort to grabbing a box of cereal to eat for lunch. You'll feel less rushed and will have more time to get ready.

2. Wake up on the first alarm--- and earlier than necessary

The snooze button is great, we are best friends; however, I find that I am more tired after hitting it. It is best to drag yourself out of bed by any means necessary. Also, waking up earlier than normal helps start your day off on a productive note.

3. Do not check social media or email in bed

Just don't. If you are like me, you will psych yourself out by looking at all of things that need to be done. Get out of bed and start your morning instead of stalling and getting lost in endless scrolling.

4. Eat breakfast

It is the most important meal of the day. It provides energy and can prevent you from feeling starved until lunch time. Even if you just grab a banana on the run, it is still something.

5. Tell yourself something you are proud of and something you are looking forward to

Whether I woke up on the wrong side of the bed or not, I like to tell myself something I accomplished that had made me proud. It can something as simple as waking up on the first alarm or finally handing in that assignment you have been stressing over. Likewise, I pick something to look forward, maybe it is the lunch I packed or maybe I have an exciting event at work. It really helps.

6. Make your bed

I heard somewhere that you should always make your bed because even if everything else in the day goes terribly wrong, you can come home to a clean space. I try to follow and it does help me start the day with an uncluttered mindset.

7. Be consistent

It takes an average person 21 days to form a habit. (I am still trying to figure it out).