8 Things People With Mispronounced Names Deal With Every Day

The consequences of giving your child names that are hard to say or spell

19
Eve

Your name is one of the first pieces of your identity you receive. In a lot of cases people are cursed in a way for living their whole life with a name nobody can pronounce. I am one of those people. My name is Zakariyah and whoever is reading this most likely said my name wrong in their head. Correcting people on how to say my name is second nature now. Just know if you're a Jack, Cassidy, Katie, or Andy you were blessed in a way I was not. So here are a common struggles of living with a name that is hard to pronounce.

1. You are always correcting people

"Actually it's pronounced......"

2. You're the one that feels bad for correcting people

I'm sorry for my parents naming me super creatively

3. Your family can't even pronounce it correctly

"Hey Zakajufgayrgfbfyah"

4. You live your life being called by the letter of your first name

Am I not worthy of more letters?

5. Being nervous any time you're in a doctor's office because you know they're gonna mess up your name

My stomach always drops when that door opens

6. When people with regular names get their name messed up once and make a big deal out of it

"Oh Katie with a Y? My freaking bad!"

7. Someone continuously says your name wrong so correcting them now is a big mistake

I can't hear you.. I can't hear you...I can't hear you

8. Coming to the conclusion living with any other name would just be impossible

My name is the most unique thing about me. There is only one Zakariyah in the world how many Rebecca's can say that?