The Life Of A College Student Pre-Summer Break As Told By "Grey's Anatomy"

That home stretch between spring break and finals week always feels longer than the semester itself.

5

For us college students it seems that we are almost always counting down the days until our next chance to get away from school for a while, whether for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Spring or Summer Break. Despite the fact that we spend these breaks doing absolutely nothing but sleeping and catching up on Netflix it normally feels like the time between those breaks when we're back up at school goes at an ever slower pace. Most of us are struggling to make it to the end of the semester, especially now since we're right around that midway point between Spring Break and Summer. However, we're not alone in this endeavor seeing as the residents, attendings, and interns are struggling to survive these next few weeks as well. Our favorite Grey's Anatomy characters can totally relate to the struggle that is the pre-Summer slump.

1. You arrive back on campus and feel relaxed and ready for class again

Alright, I got this. These next few weeks are gonna fly by. Summer will be here before we know it. I mean, how hard can these classes really be?

2. But then your professor assigns a boatload of homework and a five-page paper and reminds you that you still have two tests and the final before the semester is over

Now I remember why I spent the entire car ride back up here crying. How about we just spend the rest of the semester learning about the proper ways to binge watch a Netflix series? That sounds like it could be way more interesting than related rates, sound waves and ocean topographic features.

3. You decide to start going to the gym because you realize how far behind you are in achieving your summer body

Oh my god. I thought my trip to Florida was in July, not May.

4. But during your work out all you can think about is doing this

If I run for an hour that burns enough calories for me to have a piece of pizza and a glass of wine. Come on. You can do this!

5. You start skipping classes and your professor sends out a burst email where he basically sub-tweets you

I just got an email from our philosophy professor. Maybe he is canceling class. Oh wait, never mind. Just another e-mail reminding us that attendance is part of our grade. Oops.

6. And you soon realize that you can't find your homework solutions on Quizlet anymore

*cries forever*

7. Which leads you to have the first of many stress-related mental breakdowns

Had my first breakdown last night so I guess you could say things are going well.

8. But your best friend is there to help calm you down

You are my person but you're also the only reason I go to any of the classes that we have together so no, you cannot drop out.

9. Studying for finals causes you to give up on your diet and call the only man you ever need in your life, Papa John

I mean, there's always next summer, right?

10. But you find yourself actually understanding the material and feel confident going into finals week

I think I finally know what's going on in this class.

11. And soon enough you're heading back home where you won't have to deal with any of this BS for another few months

Can't wait to go through all of this again next fall. Oh wait. Yes I can.