Prayer Trumps Fear Every Time
Politics

Prayer Trumps Fear Every Time

“Faith, not fear. Hope, not worry.”

11
Prayer Trumps Fear Every Time
pexels

On Wednesday, November 9th I awoke confused and heartbroken, faced with a reality that I never imagined would actually come true. The rain from the sky matched the tears that rolled down my face as I looked out the window. The rest of the day played out as a somber montage in a movie. I went through the motions similar to that of losing a loved one; grief, doubt, anger, and hope. Although that last word, hope, took a couple of days and a lot of tears to find, I believe it is the only way to get through these upcoming years.

As I continued to reflect on the upsetting outcome of the election I looked down at my wrist and read, “Faith, not fear. Hope, not worry.” This inscription is written on a bracelet that I found a couple years ago, but it was just what I needed in that moment. (Thanks, Jesus).

I realized that although it is OK to be upset and disappointed in the final results, He already has it figured out. I may be still trying to figure out why, but I am finally starting to believe that it’s all going to be alright. Maybe this is what we needed in order to see how truly divided our nation is? Maybe this is how Christ is calling us to act and serve His people?

So let us turn our tears into hope and our hope into prayers for our future America. Let us turn this anger and hate into love and unity. Let us use social media to lift up one another instead of tearing each other down. Let us have faith and hope to pray for a better tomorrow.

Pray for those who continue to live in fear of their unknown future. Pray for all the sexual assault victims who believe they are not enough. Pray for the children and young people who will grow up and one day lead this country. Pray for your friends who may feel like they have been forgotten in this decision. Pray for our new President-Elect that he may fix the hearts he has broken through truthful leadership.

It takes more energy to hate than love, so take it easy on yourself. Love and hope will get us a whole heck of a lot further than any act of hate. When it gets hard, just remember, “Faith, not fear. Hope, not worry.”