Post-Grad Life Explained By New Girl

Post-Grad Life Explained By New Girl

None of us really know what to do now.

21
Post-Grad Life Explained By New Girl
vergecampus

Throughout life, we usually always have a plan, a routine, a schedule.

Wake up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, and then go to work or school. Something along those lines.

For students, we have one common goal, to graduate. We slowly work our way up from elementary school, to middle school, to high school, and then college.

Once you get into college, you get into a routine. Go to school, do your assignments and take your tests. Once summer rolls around, you go back and work at your job in your hometown. That is usually how it works.

So, what happens after you graduate and you no longer have this routine? Do you go straight into a career? Do you take a gap year? Do you binge watch Netflix like it's your religion? What the hell do we do now?

This is easily one of the most confusing, stressful periods of life. The transition period from being a student to being an adult with a career.

I don't know about you, but I am one of those confused graduates who has no idea what to do. So here is the cast of New Girl to explain the confusing time of post-grad life:

1. You just graduated, and for most of you this either looks like

This:

Or this:

Or this:

2. You're actually sick of having so much free time that you ask yourself what you are going to do with your life:

3. Then something reminds you of all the friends you had to leave and you end up like:

4. So you try to get your life together, and then you realize you are broke:

5. So you apply for jobs and then apply for more, and more, until you end up like this:

6. Now you think life is over because you have been graduated for two weeks and don't have a big kid job:

7. Then you decide to have a night out, and realize you cannot drink like you could in your college town in the real world:

8. You get a red bull spritzer and the flavors you chose accidentally taste like the alcohol that college ruined for you:

9. Once you think you are finally emotionally stable a song comes on the radio that reminds you of your beloved college experience and you lose it again:

10. You're probably still unemployed and wonder what to do with your life:

11. Which ends up in a mental breakdown:

Then, post-grad life goes one of two ways:

12. FINALLY! You have an interview for an actual career which has you like:

13. Then you stress out because you are afraid you won't get it, but then you remind yourself:

14. And then you rock that interview, and get the job! Time to celebrate!

Or,

15. You decide to relax, go with the flow, and trust that there is a plan for you. Even if it isn't right away:

Post-grad life is confusing because we are all so concerned with getting a big kid job right out of college. I know that is the case with me.

What we forget to understand is that we just spent 17 years being a student. Taking some time to relax and have fun is nothing to be ashamed of.

Everyone has their own paths, and not everyone's is the same. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this journey we call life.

Your time will come.