Poetry On The Odyssey: Relationship Closed and Other Poems

The stages of a post-breakup as told by my melodramatic ass.

36

Relationship Closed

I'm not one to be paired

With a laundry list of ladies

You have made a listless woman of me

I will not sleaze for your pleasure

And the sleepless nights now seem like

Wastes of precious fleeting seconds

Thank you for making me whole

Then meticulously carving me open

Keeping the fruit, Spitting out seeds

I will never know what you needed

I could never give you what you needed

So consider me, considering this closed

Bricks

There will be a day

That these bricks that caused me to drown

Will crumble and all will be restored

Pain is just a phase you inflicted on me

Through your layered actions.

Actions that have me treading water,

trying to catching my breath,

choking on salt in the back of my throat.

I will untie the rope that hangs

Like a leash on my ankle

Bury these bricks

And swim

Solace

It's hard to find solace most of these days,

But I found her.

She lies in the healthiest fields of green

Where mistakes are forgiven

And nothing is questioned

She wraps her arms around me

And her warm breath strokes my ear

"Let it rest" she whispers

I listen to her words

and accept this present

She's hard to find,

But she is mine

And you will never find her.

10 Photos You Have On Your Camera Roll Of Your S.O. When You've Been Dating For More Than A Year

A wide range from "Aw" to "WTF?"

190

My boyfriend and I just hit the year and a half mark of dating, even though it seems like we've been together forever. Over the months, we've taken many pictures together... from football games, to his track meets, to holidays. Although we may have a lot of pictures together, I definitely have a lot of candids of him in my camera roll. If you've been dating your partner for as long as I have or longer, then you'll probably notice you have these same pictures in your photos as well.

1. The awkward first photos together

We laugh at these now, especially this one. Why am I so pale compared to him? It was July! And also, we noticed not to long ago that I was sweating under my arms and his underarms were sweating on me... what a great first time meeting!

2. The ones for VSCO

Every girl who has a significant other posts them onto their VSCO. VSCO is like Instagram, but more has more aesthetically pleasing pictures and there are no "likes." The pictures that include my boyfriend on my VSCO ranges from him holding a bunny to him holding my hand while we went ice skating.

3. Them sleeping

I have so many pictures of my boyfriend sleeping (I promise it's not as weird as it sounds), I just think he's so cute when he's fast asleep while cuddling with me.

4. The embarrassing ones they want no one to see

He's going to kill me when he sees this... but we all have those embarrassing Snapchat pictures that we start to send each other because we've gotten more comfortable with one another.

5. The ones for Facebook

The good looking pictures so you can keep yours and his family updated on how you two are doing. I took my boyfriend to a baby bird meet and greet since he loves birds and has one for a pet. I posted this cute picture of him and his new friends on Facebook so my family can see our adventures together.

6. Old pictures

One of the best parts of dating someone is finally seeing their old pictures. Although, sometimes they may make you cringe... like the one I posted above of my boyfriend after prom in his sophomore year of high school.

7. Their accomplishments

My boyfriend pole vaults for his college and he's really good at it. He just went to division III nationals in March because he qualified! I'm always at his meets so I make sure to get him on video in case he or anyone wants to see. I always try to snag a picture with him too because I'm always so proud.

8. The straight up ugly ones

He sure knows how to make me laugh. And I know he's going to be mad at me for this one too but I think it's a talent that he can do that with his stomach! Sorry, Adam, I promise I still think you look good when you send me these snaps for the most part.

9. But you have the hot ones too

He may be funny and sweet, but he is pretty good looking too. I know us girls keep some attractive pictures of our S.O.'s so we can remind ourselves of what a great looking partner we have.

10. FaceTime screenshots

If you and your lover go to different colleges like my boyfriend and I do, then FaceTiming happens a lot. Sometimes I get some great screenshots, like the one above, to make fun of him later.