Planet Nine May Be The Planet We Have Been Waiting For

Life May Exist On Planet Nine

Is this the planet we have all been waiting for?

281
Life May Exist On Planet Nine

The other day, I came across an interesting article named "Hunt is on for new Planet Nine" by Christopher Crockett. The article talks about how scientists have found evidence supporting the existence of Planet Nine. Planet Nine is a theoretical planet that may be orbiting our sun in our solar system.

Scientists Konstantin Batygin and Mike Brown described curious orbits last month. With the use of technology, it is becoming clear that a distant planet exists due to gravitational tug alignments. There is a strong possibility that Planet Nine is 10 times larger and 30 billion kilometers from the sun. Researchers are intrigued at the likelihood of an undiscovered planet. Meg Shwamb, a planetary scientist at Academia Sinica in Taiwan claims that only six orbiting bodies provide evidence for this mystery planet. Back in 2014, speculations of Planet Nine arose when there was gravitational tug from a large planet in the orbits of the Kuiper belt surrounding Neptune. The mysterious Planet Nine serves as an explanation for the oddities in the solar system, such as dwarf planets Sedna and 2012 VP113. Given the conditions, it is likely that Planet Nine formed close to the sun, but drifted over the years after coming into contact with giant planets like Jupiter. The hunt for Planet Nine is still going on and NASA's satellites are mapping infrared emissions across the sky to look for the controversial planet. There is still speculation however, that Planet Nine may not exist after all, for a celestial body to be considered a planet, it must inherit many aspects. Years ago, Pluto was considered to be a planet, but today that fact does not hold to be true anymore.

There is a strong possibility that life exists on Planet Nine, and if life exists then it would be a massive scientific discovery. Chances are that we may be able to discover other species and study them to further expand our knowledge of the extraterrestrial world. To this date, we haven't found a planet that resembles the same living conditions as that on Earth. With this it leaves us to think about whether or not Planet Nine exists and if it does, is there life on it, and is this the planet we've all been waiting for?