To The Person Who's Always Giving

To The Person Who's Always Giving

Doing good is so worth it.

4572
To The Person Who's Always Giving
pixabay.com

To be a nurturing person is both a blessing and a curse. If you are constantly giving, helping and taking care of others, you are probably that kind of person (it takes a special kind of person, you know) – and even though you may feel pressure to do so, most of the pressure you feel is probably more internal than external. If this description suits you, odds are, you are a nurturing person and have been gifted with a big heart and lots of empathy.

As a giving person, you probably find that there aren’t enough hours in the day. Whether you’re helping a friend with homework, going out of your way to do someone a favor, or caring for your grandparent on your day off, you say “yes” a whole lot. Yet, you still do your best to keep smiling and find time for yourself.

And with all the good you do, you may sometimes feel taken advantage of or wonder why you have become “the giver.” I’m here to, first-and-foremost, thank you, and secondly, to tell you why you should keep being you and that it’ll all pay off.

THANK YOU!

As I mentioned earlier, if you aren’t already aware, it takes a very special kind of person to have what it takes to really be an effective “giver.” For the purposes of this article, I define a giver as someone who is constantly giving, whether it be to others or the community. If you’re a mom, you’re probably a giver. But aside from the moms out there, there are superheroes in this world who simply give and care for others out of the goodness in their hearts.

If you are one of those people, I want to personally thank you and let you know that even though it may not seem like it, all of the good that you do does not go unnoticed.Your actions, big and small, impact the lives of those around you.

You should be honored that this world has blessed you with the ability to be selfless as opposed to selfish. You have grown to be an exemplary person, and no lavish career or lifestyle will give someone a more meaningful life than yours. Someday you will be able to take comfort in knowing that you’ve lived a life of goodness and, somewhere along your journey, made the world a better place.

KEEP BEING YOU!

When the going gets tough, and you begin to wonder if it’s all worth it, remember that it absolutely is. It’s possible that you’ve entered this role as a (care)giver because you don’t have a choice, but for those who do have a choice, know that this huge aspect of you is chock full of life lessons that you will be able to carry with you forever.

For me personally, I feel that reminding myself of all of the people I care about motivates me to work harder in all that I do. Whether it’s studying harder so I can give my family a better life or stopping to give the kid selling chocolates outside of Starbucks a donation, I find great pleasure in doing and being good because I know that I am making an impact on this world, no matter how small.

Sometimes people get so caught up in life that they forget even the small things deserve a 'thank you.' I’m here to tell you that you being you has not gone unappreciated.

IT WILL ALL PAY OFF

So, of course, I am not suggesting that you should continue giving and expect nothing in return. What I am saying, however, is that people with good character truly do fair well in this world – because, whether you think so or not, people reciprocate.

Think about it. Have you ever met someone, and within five minutes, you’ve already determined whether or not you like him or her? Well, nurturing “givers” definitely exude a certain vibe too. Not only will a warm personality get you far in the workplace, but it will make you friends and (boy/girl)friends too! Plus, your character will forever be remembered and imprinted in the hearts of your loved ones – how cool is that?

So, my advice to you is to keep on keeping on, and strive to do more than well in this life -- DO GOOD!