5 Wishes I NEED To Come True For The Disney+ 'Percy Jackson' Adaptation Coming Out

Disney+ is giving "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" a second chance with a new TV series adaptation.

5824
1492 Pictures, 20th Century Studios

One of the few good things that has come from 2020 was an announcement that was made on Thursday by Rick Riordan.

For those of you who don't know, Riordan is the author of the best-selling young adult series "Percy Jackson and The Olympians," and he announced an adaptation of the book series is coming to the screen via Disney+.

"Percy Jackson and the Olympians" has previously come to the big screen as a movie, but its adaptation fell short and didn't have much success.

The movie had cast 20-year-olds to play 12-year-olds, and it just didn't have any of the charms that the books did. But "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" is being granted something that not all failed screen adaptions get - a second chance.

This second chance is something that fans of the book series have wanted for a long time, and it's finally happening. One of the best things about this new adaptation is that Riordan is going to be working closely with the production.

Rick Riordan has previously discussed how disappointed he was with the first adaptation, which is why this time he is going to be more involved so he can ensure a satisfying product for the fans.

As an avid fan of the series, I have just five wishes for Disney+ to grant when they adapt "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" for the second time.

​1. Cast actors that are the same age as the characters in the book. 

One of the biggest problems with the movie adaptation is that they cast actors that were too old. Logan Lerman would have been the perfect Percy if they cast him when he was 12 years old.

2. Stick to the original plot line, and for the love of Greek gods, don't divert from it.

The books were amazing, which is why there isn't any need to fix or change the storyline. Stick to the books, and the show is going to be amazing.

3. Don't rush Percy and Annabeth's relationship.

Show the love story of Percy and Annabeth the way it should be. They started as childhood friends and then developed to something more when they grew up. The best part of their love story was the slow burn, since the books start when they are 12 years old. Rushing the love story would not make sense since they are supposed to be so young.

4. The actors' appearances should match the descriptions from the book.

One of the jarring things from the movie was that Annabeth, who is blonde in the book, was brunette in the first movie... and then suddenly blonde in the second! Stay consistent with the book because those descriptions were crucial in creating the Percy Jackson universe for the fans when reading.

5. Understand the importance of this book series to the readers.

For me, this series played an integral role in my childhood. It meant a lot to me, and I know that it also meant a lot to other people. It has an entire fandom of fans that saw this series as the backbone of their love for reading. We were let down with the first adaptation, so Disney+, please don't let us get our hopes up just be disappointed AGAIN.