11 Things People Born On Leap Year Are Tired Of Hearing

"So, you're like 2?"

407

It's finally time. I've been waiting for 2016 ever since 2012. Leaplings UNITE! Be prepared to answer a million questions. While I'm glad I always have a fun fact to share during ice breakers, I'm not glad about all the comments that usually follow it.

1. "When do I tell you happy birthday?"
Either day. You know how on your birthday you get 24 hours of constant Facebook notifications... I get 48 hours on non-leap years.

2. "Wait, that's a thing?"
Do you own a calendar?

3. "It's not your real birthday this year."
I don't care, I'm celebrating.

4. "No way! Show me your I.D."
Ok, it will read 2/29, I'm not making this up.

5. "So, you're like 2?"
No, that would make me 8 years old. 4x2=8

6. "Wow, you're the only 5-year-old I know that's in college."
That's because I'm not 5 years old, I've just only had 5 birthdays.

7. "So when do you celebrate?"
Both February 28th and March 1st, duh.

8. "Why is leap year a thing?"
That's a good question but please, just google it.

9. "When's the next leap year?"
Every year there is a presidential election, there's a leap year.

10. "I would hate that."
Really? No one hates their birthday.

11. "You'll love it when you're older."
What? Because I'm going to feel 20 when I'm actually 80? I don't think so.

I really do wish my birthday happened every year, but more for other people than me. According to everyone I've ever met, leap year jokes never get old... just like me.