Dear Parents stop being controlling

Dear Parents, Stop Being So Controlling Over Your Child’s Life And Give Them The Freedom They Need

You should give your kids to chance to breathe and enjoy their life.

94
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1huyLGHvjY/?igshid=tens31u1p48
@rowilliambrann/Instagram

Parenting is an awesome experience. However, just because a person is a parent does not mean that they know how to actually parent their child. There is this thing you parents do where you believe that because you are "in charge" you have the right to take over your child's life and dictate it and this is wrong.

I know parents believe that they are looking in the best interest of your child/children, but you should also understand that we are also human beings too and we will have to go through the journey of life, we would have to think for ourselves, take responsibility for ourselves and also try to make sure we live a life that we will end up loving.

Just because you have lived life to a certain point and know all about it doesn't mean that you get to use it to make decisions for your child without allowing them to have a say in it. Children also dream to reach a point in life that they will look back at with satisfaction and projecting your own dreams onto them just won't cut it.

You should stop that thing where you decide everything that your child should do all because YOU think that's what your child wants. It won't allow your child blossom into a complete person that is sure about themselves in life. It will only lead to self-doubt and even hopelessness in themselves because they were hardly ever allowed to live life and enjoy its moments freely.

Instead, give your child the freedom to live life. Let them know the things that make them who they are at an early start, so they won't grow up with self-doubt and mental issues. Let your child involve themselves in things they love, and if possible, make sure they grow in it so that they can grow to love themselves and appreciate themselves more.

This new era is filled with a generation that is sure about themselves and is very open to sharing their life experiences with others so they can learn, and if a child that has been closeted all their lives finally gets to see the world, it will only end up with them confused with what to do with their lives. We are all human beings, and we have to explore things so we can grow and fully find our purpose but if we surround ourselves with people that only want to make decisions for us and tell us how to live our lives, it will only end up badly.