Parents, Take Control Of Your Children, Please

Stop turning the other way when your child acts up.

115
katgrigg / Flickr

I am a big believer in spanking kids. On the other hand, not everything a child does deserves a spanking. Most kids I encounter these days need a good whooping, though.

I see parents often cry child abuse when someone disciplines their children when there are so many kids out there who are actually abused, yet people choose to turn the other way, but there is a difference between discipline and abuse.

Discipline is maybe a swat or two and explaining to your child what he or she did wrong, abuse is when a bruise is left on the child's body.

Another big thing I see is bullying. Oh, bullies. We often blame the kid themselves, don't we? Sure, parents don't know what their kid does when he or she is not at home.

The little brat has to learn that behavior from someone though, right? I guarantee that your precious little boy or girl learned that bullying is okay from what he sees at home. And, no. Video games aren't the issue.

I've noticed that entitlement often plays a big part as well. I rarely see the poor kids, the overweight kids, the minority kids, act as the bullies.

It happens, but it's usually the kids who are able to go to Florida every weekend, the kids whose parents buy them Mercedes and Mustangs for their 16th birthdays.

Anyway, disciplining isn't enough either

Please pay attention to what your child is doing!!!

I work in a diner, and I can't tell you the number of times I have seen children run amok and wreak havoc while their parents just happily chat away. I get that you want some time to yourselves, but I am getting paid to bring you food, not babysit your children.

Don't even get me started on Walmart.

Oh, Walmart. If you are bored and need entertainment, go there. The place is full of children screaming at their parents, adults verbally abusing employees and so on.

I once witnessed a young boy call his mother a... (female dog) because she would not buy him a new toy.

Lord help me if I spoke that way to my mother.

All I had to hear was "Do you want me to take you to the bathroom?" and I would shape up real quick.

I've never yelled at a strangers child before because I feel like it's not really my place, but I have seen it happen. If you don't want strangers disciplining your little spawn of Satan, discipline him/her yourself.

I want to make myself clear, though. I do not hate children. I love children. I just hate when grown adults act like their child is doing nothing wrong by tearing down a while display because she wanted a candy bar.

So parents, please, please, please, please.

Discipline and pay attention to your children.