9 Stages Of Packing For College As Told By 'Shameless'

Because packing your life away is never easy.

14
Flickr

Packing for college is never easy. Whether it's your freshman year and you're just starting to piece together what you really need when going off to college, or you're entering your senior year and think you have the process down to a science, packing your life into a reasonable amount of boxes is a daunting task. We all go through the same stages when packing our things for school, and luckily "Shameless" does a pretty good job of describing our emotions during the process.

1. When your mom has reminded you for the 100th time to start packing

You know that she's probably right and that you should start packing — but the more she asks, the less you want to do it.

2. That internal conversation you have to try and motivate yourself to pack

You know that you have to pack, and you know that you shouldn't procrastinate any longer. But you also really don't want to do it.

3. When you accept that you can no longer procrastinate packing, and decide to start

Starting is always the hardest part of the process — no matter how much you dread doing it.

4. When you realize you had more to pack than you originally thought

Seriously, where did I get so many clothes?

5. When you think you've made progress but then you realize how wrong you are

You think you've packed all of the necessities, but really there are a plethora of other items you didn't even think about that you still need to pack.

6. When you thought that packing for college would be easier the second (or fourth) time

It's never as easy as you think it's going to be, no matter how many times you've done it. You're still going to forget something important at home, and your parents will still have to mail it to you.

7. When your family jumps in to help, even though they said they wouldn't

They warned you that they wouldn't help you pack the night before, but they still came through and suffered through the process alongside you.

8. When you start feeling nostalgic about leaving

We all get that I'm-leaving-for-a-really-long-time shock that comes with packing for college. Your year in college will determine how many tears you shed.

9. When you finally finish packing

Once you've closed the last bin and thrown the last book in your bag, you're finally done. There's nothing more rewarding than knowing you're ready to go back to college. Or at least, thinking you're ready to go back.