I Don't Trust You, But I Still Love You

Letter To My Parents: I don't Trust You

I don't trust anything about you.

13
Public Domain Pictures
https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=234052&picture=mother-and-child

Dearest Parents,

I don't trust you.

I don't trust you with my secrets. I don't trust you with my struggles. I don't trust you to help me when I need it the most. And if you think I trust you with my thoughts, you have never been wronger.

You both have made so many sacrifices and always put your children first. That is why I don't trust you.

I don't trust you when you say, "I'm fine." I don't trust you when you say, everything's okay." I don't trust the smiles on your faces or the gifts on my birthday. And if you for a second think I trust you when you reply, "don't worry" you are way off.

You guys always want to make us happy and provide more than you should. That's why I don't trust you.

I don't trust you with my secrets. You will keep them in your mind too long. You listen to well, but teenagers are fickle, so it won't matter later. I don't trust you with my struggles. A struggle today isn't the struggle tomorrow. You will waste your time trying to fix any and all of my problems. I don't trust you to help me when I need it the most. You'll drop everything to focus on me when you should be focusing on yourself. And if you think I trust you with my thoughts, you have never been wronger. You will try to decipher my every word, but Occam's razor usually applies. I'm a very verbatim person.

How can I trust someone who will always put me first and never asks for help?

I don't trust you when you say, "I'm fine." But you try to work 40 hours a week and never sleep more than five. I don't trust you when you say, "everything's okay." I listen too well too, and I hear your worried whispers to each other when you think you're alone. I don't trust the smiles on your faces or the gifts on my birthday. Even though money's tight and the economy struggles, you always get me what I want when i ask for nothing. And if you for a second think I trust you when you reply, "don't worry" you are way off. I worry about everything every day, because I don't trust you.

How can I trust people who will do anything to make me happy?

I don't trust you.

Dearest Parents,

You will lie and hide whatever you think will upset me. So, I don't trust you.

You don't need to keep all my secrets, I've already forgotten them. You don't need to fix all my problems, listening is enough. You don't need to submit to my whims... Or you could, I mean you're the bosses.

You will say anything to make me feel better. So, I don't trust you.

I'm not saying you have to change anything about yourself. As long as you know I don't trust you. I'm not saying I don't appreciate everything you have done. I just don't trust you. I'm not saying your lies and whispers don't help me sleep better at night. But I won't trust you. And if you for a second think your efforts go unnoticed you have never been wronger. I'm just saying I don't trust you. I don't trust you to think about yourself for once. I don't trust you to relax. I don't trust you to stop caring, worrying, deciphering, and loving. I don't trust you as far as I can throw you.

I love you two. That's why I don't trust you.