To The Man I Get To Marry, Please Rescue Me Soon

As said by my dad, "she's quite the handful."

74

Dear Man I Get To Marry,

How are you? I'm pretty lousy these days.

What is it with the male species being so dumb during this life stage? I don't understand, but I guess I can get over it. Sometimes I just wish I could fast forward ten years into the future where we're together on a Saturday morning, making waffles and dancing to the playlist I made when I was nineteen. That's what I imagine having a husband is like, but I could be wrong. I know it's much more than that but I like being native about this kind of thing since I've barely had a boyfriend.

I think this is why I'm having such a hard time believing love will ever exist for a person like me. I still believe in having a soulmate though which seems counterproductive but that's my brain for ya!

I think like anyone, I have my share of questions for you.

How do we meet? At college during move in day or during a casual swipe on Bumble? How long do we date? I mean, my parents dated for 2 weeks then got engaged and have been married for 24 years now so it probably doesn't matter. Where do we live? All these things I think about a lot. I think it's fun to have different scenarios of who I marry. But I think my biggest question is, have we already met? I've met lots of guys for a brief moment in time I thought I would marry but that's just how the female brain works I guess. I'll admit, this has broken my heart on many different occasions due to jumping the gun thinking I've met 'my person.' But to be fair, everyone shoves the idea that you meet your spouse in your first years in college, so it's fair for me to question it every time a guy talks to me.

Whoever you may be, here's what you should know about me as an almost twenty-something year old.

I watch far too much Hulu and laugh hysterically at Bob's Burgers when I'm alone. In the summer, Marshmallow cokes replace the cold brew coffee part of my bloodstream. My music taste is all over the place and that's quite the skill to have. I'm a HUGE nerd so Marvel movies are in our future. I'm driven and am not threatened by men so don't be threatened by me. When I fall in love, I love with all my being because you deserve that.

I hope we meet very soon so you can rescue me.