An Open Letter To The Blonde To My Brunette

"No matter where this crazy life may take us, I ask you to remember that I love you more than all the stars in the sky and the squirrels in the trees."

33

The Blonde to My Brunette and the Best to My Friend,

As we both dive into the craziness of our senior year of college and the very beginnings of our adult lives, there are a few things that I would like you to take with you as you go. From the very beginning of our friendship, I knew that we were bound to have something truly special. Since the 5th grade on our week long camping adventures when we spoke our very first words, until this very day, I have found a friend in you that keeps my heart beating each and every day. I have found a reason to love life a little more, laugh a little louder and smile a little harder all because I have found myself a life with you in it.

As we part ways once again, I ask you to take these words with you in place of myself. I ask you to remember that you are stronger than you believe, and can concur anything in the world you set your mind to because your heart and determination is so strong. I ask you to remember that I think of you when the sun shines, and the stars twinkle, because you reflect so brightly upon this life of mine as these big beautiful stars do in return. I ask you to smile often and laugh until your stomach hurts because life is far to short to be anything but happy. I ask you to strive for the type of happiness that lifts you off your feet and spins you around until you lose track of all time or place.

In a life as crazy as this one is, I want to thank you for more things than I could ever count. I want to thank you for loving me endlessly even on the days that I am not very lovable. Thank you for catching me when I fall, and for lifting me back to my feet time and time again. Thank you for watching my heart break in front of you and loving me through it, as it is your love that has saved me. Thank you for being honest and supportive through every milestone life may ever bring our way.

Thank you for helping to teach me what it means to have a true friend for life, no matter how many miles may lie between us. Thank you for keeping me on my toes and teaching me to be patient and confident with others, even when they may not deserve it. Thank you for believing in me always, and helping me believe in myself far more than I ever thought I possibly could. Thank you for filling my heart with more joy and love than anyone in this life ever has, and for showing me that it is the little things in life that mean the most. Above all else though, I would like to thank you for being you. For being the blonde to my brunette, the home fry to my hash brown and the very best to my friend.

No matter where this crazy life may take us, I ask you to remember that I love you more than all the stars in the sky and the squirrels in the trees. You have changed my life for the better and if I had to this life all over again, I would do it exactly the same as long as it had you in it.

Stay Beautiful. Stay Strong.

I Love You Always,

The Brunette to Your Blonde