"Odyssey Rejects" That Shouldn't Be Rejects

An open letter to open letters? Genius.

5

It’s the Twitter account that Odyssey writers love to hate. It makes fun of everything that we are. All of our “Open Letters,” “As Told By’s” and “500 Words On” are all up for ridiculing by the “Odyssey Rejects” Twitter account. And yet I find myself, and many other Odyssey writers, following it. But, why do we follow the infamous account? What is it about this account, that’s sole purpose is to mock us, draws us in? It’s probably the fact that while they do make fun of our countless “Listicles,” they actually have some of the most relatable article topics I’ve seen. From touching on Donald Trump’s gorgeous (and totally natural looking) tan to what it’s like to be taken back to the Stone Age by an iPod nano, Odyssey Rejects have article topics that should not be rejects at all.

1. One of these topics being “What Having $12 in my Bank Account After a Night Out at the Bars Taught Me About the Great Depression”

We’re college kids. We’re broke, we’re irresponsible and a topic like this just hits a little too close to home.

2. Another one is “Why Getting a College Degree is Overrated, as Told by the Guy Who Peaked in High School”

More like, as told by everyone I graduated high school with.

3. Probably the best piece of advice a single college girl will ever get, “Nine Reasons You Should Delete Tinder and Join FarmersOnly.com”

Everyone knows the guys on Tinder aren’t looking for a commitment, but the guys on Farmers Only. However, will probably be more than happy to put a ring on it.

4. One to help anyone improve their popularity at a party: “89 Taylor Swift-Inspired Dance Moves to Break Out at Your Next Party”

If singing (screaming) along to “Blank Space” while doing one of those moves doesn’t reel in the best guy there…you’re probably doing the dance moves correctly.

5. Obviously the most heartfelt Reject out there: “An Open Letter to My Future Food Baby”

I love you more than you will ever know.

6. The secret to life: “76 Reasons Why Passive Aggressively Subtweeting Will Solve Literally All of Your Problems”

If you and your roommates haven’t done this, you obviously aren’t as close as you thought you were.

7. And arguably the most relatable: “8 Steps to Surviving Finals Week, As Told By Britney Spears’s 2007 Mental Breakdown”

Trust me, we know all about stress.