November: A Month That Ends In Delicious Turkey And Is The Start Of Christmas

But there are plenty of fun national days to celebrate in between!

26

November is most known for one day filled with thanksgiving, turkeys, and tummy aches. It is also the month before Christmas, so many even forget about Thanksgiving and start listening to Christmas music, baking Christmas cookies, and have already got their Christmas decorations hanging up on Nov. 1. However, November is much cooler than Thanksgiving and pre-Christmas. November is full of many national days that we can celebrate so that every day is a party.

Nov. 3: National Housewife’s Day and National Sandwich Day

Some find this funny, others maybe not so much… Either way it’s an ironic day. It's a day to eat as many sandwiches as you want and have zero regrets about it. And please men, do not ask your wife or girlfriend to make you a sandwich on this day, I’m sure they will hurt you.

Nov. 4: National Candy Day

Break out the rest of that Halloween candy and have a party!

Nov. 5: National Men Make Dinner Day (First Thursday in November)

The rule is it cannot be BBQ, so men, get cookin’!

Nov. 6: National Nachos Day

What do you call a cheese that isn’t yours?

Nacho Cheese!

Nov. 8: National Cappuccino Day

Nov. 11: Veterans Day

Don’t forget to thank the veterans who risked their lives for our freedom.

Nov. 12: National Pizza with the Works Except Anchovies Day

A very specific holiday, but I’m going to celebrate it because who even likes anchovies?

Nov. 14: National Pickle Day

Nov. 15: National Philanthropy Day and National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day

Cleaning out your fridge is probably philanthropic in and of itself for your friends who visit. However, it’s a day to be philanthropic and help the world around you, so mark it in your calendars!

Nov. 16: National Fast Food Day

Let’s be real, in college that is every day.

Nov. 18: Mickey Mouse's Birthday

This is the perfect excuse to throw a party and to celebrate the most beloved mouse on earth.

Nov. 21: National Stuffing Day

Nov. 24: National Sardines Day

Yum…

Nov. 25: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women Day

Nov. 26: Thanksgiving

Gobble Gobble

Nov. 27: Black Friday and Flossing Day

Of course, the day after we give thanks, we storm the mall in search for on-sale items. Pick up some floss while you’re at it.

Nov. 28: National French Toast Day

Nov. 30: National Meth Awareness Day and National Mousse Day

Can you tell I like food?

Don’t forget to celebrate the month as a whole with these monthly events:

• Lung Cancer Awareness Month
  • Movemeber
  • No Shave November
  • National Peanut Butter Lovers Month
  • National Vegan Month
  • National Adoption Month
  • National Diabetes Month

So get on out there and make something of your November!