9 Things Non-Touchy-Feely People Will Feel To Their Core
Lifestyles

9 Struggles Anyone Who ISN'T Touchy-Feely Will Feel Like The Hugs They Hate Giving Or Receiving

It's just not my thing and for anyone else who is not the "touchy-feely type," you will recognize these struggles well!

1635

It is hard enough to process socializing and relationships when you ARE super touchy-feely. So for the rest of us, it is a serious struggle. I swear everyone I know is a bundle of hugs and sweet sentiments while I am dodging people like a bee, hoping I don't have to throw myself into a warm embrace to make them feel better.

1. You never really know how to approach someone you haven't seen in a while

Is there a way to dodge that awkward hug? Is there a different greeting we can throw in that says "Hi, it's so great to see you," without it being bodies pressed together? Can that be a thing? Furthermore...

2. You look for alternative ways to show your family love

You really REALLY love your mom, but you just kinda wish she was into high-fives. You try to reassure your family that you love them as much verbally as you can so they don't feel offended, but really you just want to love them without having to be hugging all the time. And since we're talking about hugs...

3. You never know how long a hug should last

You hate hugs already, but how long are you supposed to hug someone for? Is it longer, depending on how long it has been since you've seen them? Is it different with family, versus your friends? What ARE the rules?

4. You actually hate being taken care of

Whether you're sick or injured, being babied drives you bonkers. It can be so dehumanizing and makes you sooooo uncomfortable. Just leave the soup and ice packs within reach and you'll handle it all yourself.

5. You're basically the worst at flirting

You're so standoffish you don't know how to NOT push people away at times. Do we wink? Touch their hand? Is that weird?

6. You also just as awkward once you're in a relationship

How do we cuddle? Do we just sit and hold hands on the couch? Does one of us put their head on the other's chest? What do we do if one of us breathes too loud? Can we take a pause?

7. You have no clue how to handle it when people are sad

You genuinely get anxiety when someone else is sad or vents to you. You go blank and don't know what to say so you blurt out random facts that are pointless. Or worse, you try to quote a lame inspirational line you read somewhere, but it just sounds hollow and awkward.

But hey, you tried.

8. People crying will send you into a literal panic

When a person cries, it's just like a baby crying. You just kind of stand there in a panic, looking for an adult to handle the situation. You start to sweat a little, give them a super awkward pat on the back and just pray someone else is gonna step in and relieve you soon.

9. You also panic when YOU'RE sad

You hate being comforted just as much as you hate comforting other people. A forceful hug, strange inspirational quotes, and pats on the back are the last thing you want when you're crying or upset. You genuinely want to be left alone in the corner to be awkward all by yourself.

I understand. I am there too.