I Don't Know What It's Like To Reunite With Friends From High School Over Break

As a senior in college, long gone are the days that I look forward to returning home on breaks to see my friends.

26
Ethan Williamson
Growing up, I never really had a close group of friends that I did everything with back home. I had a few friends, but these tended to change over the years, especially when we all went our separate ways in college. It became exhausting trying to keep up with these people, and honestly, we just hit that point where we all became too different. College had changed us. and that was okay. I have my one best friend from high school and really that's all I need. My life is now at Penn State, so breaks are not all that eventful for me.

So what am I looking forward to this Thanksgiving break?

The best thing about breaks for me is simply that, the fact that it's a break from my busy college life. What's even better about Thanksgiving break specifically is that it's the break where I don't work at Wegmans. I have the whole week to do whatever I want. I can do as much or as little as I want to without having to worry about going to work.

I also like the fact that it's only a week. It's a long enough period of time to go home and see my family without hitting that point where I am bored out of my mind. Not having many friends at home doesn't leave me with a ton of options for curing my boredom. This is especially challenging when my best friend and I have conflicting work schedules. It can be hard to find fun things to do in my area as well with us having to rely on trips to Philly to have a good time.

I am excited to see my family though. I am really close with them and living alone this year, I have not been going home as much to visit them. I miss the comforts of my own home, my mom's cooking, my bed, etc. Soon I will be able to enjoy all of these simple things again, and I can not wait!

I know to some people this may sound really lame, but honestly, it is just what I need right now. Senior year has been super stressful with graduation and everything approaching so quickly. I am so worried about finding a job and maintaining good grades all while finding time to enjoy the lasts of college with my friends. I need some time off. Some time to just take a deep breath and remind myself that things will work out.

Luckily, by this time next week, I will already be en route to Souderton, PA. I have no more exams to take before then, so it is smooth sailing for me...the end is near and I am currently counting down the days until I am reunited with my family!