Balance A Busy Schedule In College By Using A Planner
Wellbeing

I Have No Chill And One Peek At My Planner Proves It

You have as many hours in a day as Beyonce, they said.

58
Busy girl

My jam-packed schedule is the definition of a love/hate relationship.

Except, I mostly love it, it's my friends who hate it!

I've figured out over the years that I'm at my best when I'm busy. Really, really busy.

I'm forced to stay organized when I have a lot going on and the momentum of everything I'm doing snowballs into motivation to do even more.

I work well under pressure so it makes sense that when I have a boatload of responsibilities is when I'm on the top of my game.

Confession: Don't let my smiling face fool you I've had more meltdowns since the semester started than I've ever had in my entire life, including the toddler years, but six classes and too many extracurriculars to count would do that to anyone.

So here's a PSA to my roommates and my parent's who surely must think that I'm on the verge of going insane... I know I'm doing a lot, but I'm enjoying everything that I'm doing.

I like being involved in the community, taking on leadership roles and saying "yes" when people ask for my help.

I'm not spreading myself too thin, I'm learning to stretch and to juggle because I don't want to miss out on an opportunity to learn and experience new things.

I'm sorry that I have to pencil in our phone calls and hangouts and I'm sorry if it seems like the only time I say "no" is to doing something fun with you.

Thank you to everyone who I trust enough to sit there and cry to when it's been a rough day. You are the ones who give me the strength I need to be able to do that for other people.

Thanks for understanding that I don't always have time to explain to you where my random outburst of stress-driven tears are coming from because spoiler alert I'll throw off my whole day's schedule if I take more than 10 minutes for this unaccounted for freak-out.

It's hard to be a busy girl, but for me, it's harder not to be.