The Rams Are Relocating To Los Angeles

The Rams Are Relocating To Los Angeles

Rams are coming to L.A. and the city is more than ready to call a professional football team their own.

3
The Rams Are Relocating To Los Angeles
NFL.com

The moment we have all been waiting for is finally here: Los Angeles will have its own football team. What does this mean for Los Angeles residents? It means having a team to root for that is located in L.A. instead of rooting for the disappointing San Diego Chargers or the unstable Oakland Raiders. It is also important to understand both teams will be given the opportunity to join the Rams within one year. This means there may not only be one football team but two. The St. Louis Rams previously moved from Los Angeles to St. Louis leaving Los Angeles without a team in 1995. Twenty years later, Rams owner Mr. Kroenke proposed to the NFL owners a new stadium proposition which he would be able to largely contribute to the construction himself . Acknowledging that Los Angeles is the second largest market in America, the Rams and the NFL benefiting from moving to Los Angeles overcame any other concern which is why the decision was popular among owners to bring football back to the coast.

Twitter has been the site where Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti has expressed his support for bringing football back to L.A. along with other Los Angeles legends including Magic Johnson who has, in recent years, used twitter to state his opinion on social issues.

The Los Angeles Rams will be receiving a 100 million dollar gift from the NFL for building a new stadium which is also rumored to be hosting the combine in the near future and will be the spotlight for bidding in the 2024 summer Olympics.

So what happens next ?

In the coming months the Rams will look to move into a facility in Los Angeles where they can practice and prepare for training camp.They are likely to use the coliseum for their home games as the stadium in Inglewood is expected to be built by the 2019 season. NFL network reporter Rand Getlin has also confirmed that USC will spend 270 million dollars to renovate the Coliseum to accommodate both the Trojans and the Rams. In many ways you can say the season has begun for the Rams and the city of Los Angeles. This is an exciting time for football fans around the city and anyone looking for a job as construction companies will look to hire employees to help build the stadium. Without question, Angelenos' hope this is the beginning of something special.