10 New Songs To Add To Your Playlist

10 Songs You Need To Add To Your Playlist, ASAP

I'm bad at expanding my horizons when it comes to new songs and I want to help us both.

80
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqZkJ6ADhnz/

I can't be the only one who has gotten stuck in the same playlist for an embarrassing amount of time, right? To remedy this, I have been actively paying more attention to the music world, even when that means listening to Top 40 in search of new jams. I recently hit a mini jackpot it seems, so here's a bit of what I found.

"SOS" by Avicii

It broke my heart last April when Tim Bergling, aka Avicii, passed away. I'm really glad that the people he was collaborating with decided to continue the album as close to his vision as possible, and even more glad that his family decided to share it with the world. This song combines happy and sad lyrics with the flow that I have always associated with Avicii.

"Walk Me Home" by P!nk

This song has been played quite a bit on Top 40 stations lately, but not to the point that it has been overplayed. I downloaded this song after hearing it twice. It's a very relatable song. I like to listen to it when I'm feeling really good or rather low, but in between those points, it doesn't seem to hit as hard. The beat is super catchy and it begs to be sung along to, in my opinion, even when she talks about life getting hard and scary.

"Head Above Water" by Avril Lavigne

Avril Lavigne is kind of timeless. I don't consider her one of my favorite artists, but I have never heard one of her songs and hated it. She went on a five-year hiatus from the public eye, and this is her coming back to music making after battling Lyme. This is a slower song that perfectly conveys that human experience of struggle. It is relatable, empowering, and begs to be played again.

"Sucker" by The Jonas Brothers

When I heard the Jonas Brothers were back, my inner fifth grader could barely contain her excitement. And honestly, "Sucker" is such a catchy song and the music video is so pure — it is just the three of them playing dress up in a mansion with their wives and it makes my heart happy. This is a super upbeat song that I recommend to improve any mood.

"Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus

Honestly, this one makes the list just because Billy Ray collaborated on it, surprising the heck out of me. The song itself is decent and easy to nod along to while driving.

"Almost" by Hozier

Hozier's voice is always so good. This song is definitely no exception with its fantastic rhythm. It's not a jam, but definitely will have you rocking your head a bit to it.

"Juice" by Lizzo

Sometimes you just need a song to remind you that you're pretty great. This song is exactly that. I highly recommend any of Lizzo's music!

"So Am I" by Ava Max

This song reminds me a lot of the music that was popular like eight years ago. In my opinion, that's a good time. It also has a pretty positive message that you are not alone and it is "okay to be different."

"I've Been Waiting" by Lil Peep ft. Fall Out Boy

I never thought I would enjoy a song by someone named "Lil Peep." But, I love Fall Out Boy! This mashup actually works really well. I really like it except for the times I'm not in the mood for it.

"Who Do You Love?" by The Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer

I told you I had branched to Top 40 stuff a bit. This has been played a lot lately but it is catchy and I enjoy it.

I hope these inspire you to branch out and find new music; it's amazing what new music can do for your outlook.