What's To ​Come In​ Season 2 Of Netflix's ​'You​​'

Get ready for all the spoilers and sneak peaks.

26
https://www.vulture.com/2018/10/you-recap-season-1-episode-6-amour-fou.html

Netflix's hit series about a hopelessly romantic murderer is gearing up for its second season! For those who have not seen the first season of "You", you must pause reading this article, binge the first season, then return to reading. There are some serious spoilers ahead, and I don't want to ruin it for those who have not yet experienced the thrill of this show. "You" is originally based on the book series by Caroline Kepnes, focuses on Joe Goldberg (Penn Badgley), a bookstore manager, falling in love with an aspiring writer, Guinevere Beck (Elisabeth Lail) in New York City. Joe's interest in Beck quickly turns into obsession as he manages to harvest the intimate details of her life through social media and active stalking. As they unknowingly fall in love, Joe's past efforts to control and manage her life are unraveling little by little. This obsessive love is guaranteed to have you on the edge of your seat.

Now with Season 2 underway, exciting changes to characters and scenery are about to take place. First and for most, the setting is changing to Los Angeles, California. This is apparently a change that the character of Joe will at first hate, but with new scenery comes new victims! While in LA, Joe will meet an apparent new love interest going by the name of Love Quinn (Victoria Pedretti). Love Quinn is an aspiring chef, who unlike Beck abstains from overt social media presence. Love also has a brother, Forty Quinn (James Scully), who apparently struggles with a sort of addiction. In the LA crowd, there is also a young con artist, Ellie (Jenna Ortega), who is expected to cross paths with Joe at one point or another. At another turn, there's Will (Robin Lord Taylor) who may actually catch Joe with his many murders and secrets. Deadline alluded that Will "deals with unsavory sorts as part of his job..." Watch out, Joe!

While the new characters and setting are taking the plot in a new direction, the real excitement is in the returning characters. To recap the finale, Beck finds out about the stalking and murdering Joe has committed. Needing to protect himself, Joe kills her but not before publishing her fictional story of what transpired and framing her therapist, Dr. Nicky (John Stamos), for her murder. Right at the end of the episode, as Joe lurks around Mooney's bookstore amid copies of Beck's best-selling book, he approaches a young woman of interest. When the woman turns to him, it is revealed to be Candace-Joe's ex-girlfriend who is definitely supposed to be dead! Candace will most definitely be reappearing in Season 2, as she has the most power against Joe and his murderous ways. Paco (Luca Padovan) may also be returning, in addition to Beck's circle of friends.

The biggest unanswered questions surround Candace, Dr. Nicky, and the leaving of evidence in Peach's home before her murder. Does Candace hold the power to expose his sinister activities or will Joe finish the job in Season 2? Dr. Nicky almost wasn't a very relevant character until he became framed for Beck's murder. As a reminder, Dr. Nicky is the therapist Beck begins seeing and eventually has an affair with. Joe also visits him to keep tabs on Beck's activities and is absolutely enraged when he finds that Beck cheated on him with said therapist. Now that Dr. Nicky has been arrested with convincing, yet fabricated evidence against him, could he prove himself innocent and put the murder rightfully on Joe? And lastly, there is the concern of Peach's private investigator finding Joe's jar of pee left in her home the day of the murder. While it was just a simple misstep of badly needing to pee while trespassing and stalking, this could be the one piece of DNA evidence that brings Joe down.

An official release date has not yet been set, but it has been confirmed that the second season will be released on Netflix in the later months of 2019. Until then, keep your eyes open for teasers and trailers!