My Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving

I am thankful for Thanksgiving, my family and all the food

8
My Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that my family celebrates, not because of the pilgrims and Native Americans, but because we always want to give thanks to our family and friends.

A normal Thanksgiving starts with my family watching the Macy's Day Parade. I don't remember a year that we didn't watch it. I love watching it because I always like to see the new balloons they add and see some of the really bad lip syncing done by the artists they have performing that year. My favorite balloon so far has been the Tim Burton balloon.

I just thought it was such a different kind of parade balloon. Next, my mom, sister and I all watch the dog show that plays after the parade. My sister and I act like judges and always look to see if this year they have a Boston Terrier or not. We always make our dogs watch with us because we think they may care if their breed is represented.

Next comes getting ready for dinner. Now each year we rotate who hosts Thanksgiving. Since we only do Thanksgiving with my mom's family, it is normally my house, my aunt's house or my Nana's house. This year we are having Thanksgiving at my aunt's house so we don't have to do any of the cooking. Then we would get showered, dressed and head to the house. Once there, I would start eating mini hotdogs and wait around until I could drown my potatoes in gravy. When I can finally do that, I pile my plate high with potatoes and turkey and then smother it all in gravy. I then add cranberry sauce and some rolls. My Nana normally makes us pray, and then we eat.

While we eat, we all catch-up and talk about our lives and how things are going. Even though my mom's family all lives in the same town, they still catch up. I always get excited for Thanksgiving because of the food. I never get excited really for any other thing that takes place on Thanksgiving-- maybe the dog show but that's because they are all so gosh darn cute.

Finally, my Thanksgiving ends with the Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving TV movie. I honestly think that movie is a perfect way to end Thanksgiving because it's all about friendship and making a perfect Thanksgiving even though it originally didn't work out.

My Thanksgiving is a pretty normal one full of family and TV and just a lot of food. But after going to college, I started to really appreciate Thanksgiving because it was one of the first holidays I can get together with my family for since it's the first break I come home for.

I am very thankful for Thanksgiving, my family and all the food.