God Is The Institution, Not The Church

God Is The Institution, Not The Church

A note on my relationship with God.

6
God Is The Institution, Not The Church

My relationship with God is more than just "The Church". My relationship is about who I am as a Christian and being around other Christians who love God just as much as me. That is what is important in my relationship with God. I realize that I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. So why should I try to be something that I'm not? Why should I be judged for my looks or the mistakes I did or didn't make?

Jesus is the institution, not the church. And as Jesus being the institution, how do I get everyone I know to hear the gospel? The answer to that is easier than you might think. Spreading the love God has for all of us is one of the easiest things you could ever do in your life. Spreading God’s love is being positive. It’s about serving Him in every way possible by following His word.

Having a relationship with God is making sure He knows my heart. To me, that means praying and worshiping. Whether I’m alone in a crowd, or with my friends in the car. I pray for others and myself, and for every reason I could ever thing of. I pray even when I feel broken and like God has abandoned me. But the amazing thing about God and His love is that even in our darkest hour, when we feel that He had abandoned us, He still has a perfectly devised plan for us. He knows our heart.

So I ask myself if I’m trying my hardest to do these things and the answer is no. The answer will always be no because I will always be able to do more. I’ll never perfectly spread God’s love. At the end of the day, I’m a sinner just like you. Just like right now, in my life with this article. Am I sure I’m going about this the right way? No, I’m not sure I am.God leads us on the right path and I feel like God gives us these opportunities for us to learn and to make ourselves better.

We all walk a fine line sometimes when it comes to our faith and Jesus.The thing to remember is that He is flawless, that He loves us, and that no one can ever take your relationship with God.