My Ultimate Pride Playlist
Nature Animals

4 Songs On My Ultimate Pride Playlist

No pride parade or party is complete without a few essential songs that all LGBT+ members hold close to their hearts

177

Pride began in June of 1969 as a revolution and liberation movement for LGBT+ members to fight and protest for equality. All across America and even the world now use this month to celebrate and bring joy to what was once a brutal scene of glass shots, bricks, and stones being throwing in the late sixties. They bring joy by holding pride parades which consist of beautiful drag queens, elaborate flows, and a whole lot of proud members of the LGBT+ community. Though no pride parade or party is complete without a few essential songs that all LGBT+ members hold close to their hearts as they relate and love these songs. These are just a few songs that should be on everyone's pride playlist!

1. "I'm Coming Out" by Diana Ross

Diana Ross was not coming out of the closet, but this did not stop the LGBTQ+ community from using this song as a way to come out, and celebrating about being out and proud. This song has now been immortalized as a classic and is now associated with every pride parade.

2. "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga, an LGBT+ member herself, and an icon to the queer community, definitely knew what she was doing when writing this song and used it as a liberation movement and expression of self love, much like what happens and what it feels like to come out or even just accepting that you're different then everyone else. She captured the messages of pride and acceptance into one song.

3. "Don't Rain On My Parade" by Barbra Streisand

Another queer icon, Barbara sang this in the Broadway classic "Funny Girl". This song was definitely not intended to used in the sense of Pride, but as the title states, we don't want anyone like protestors, Westboro or anything negative to rain on our pride parade.

4. "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls

Another classic, this song became an immediate hit with the LGBT+ community when released and now is used to lighten the mood for a fun pride atmosphere or to watch drag queens slay their lip sync, which is another big part of the pride season.