My Personal Diet And Exercise Routine

My Personal Diet And Exercise Routine

Taking care of your body.

13
My Personal Diet And Exercise Routine
huffingtonpost.com

The power of modern medicine has substantially increased the average human lifespan, and as such, our bodies are expected to last for decades and decades. This means that it is super important to take care of our bodies, and diet and exercise go a long way towards our physical longevity. Now I’m no fitness expert, so I’m not going to sit here and give a health plan. Rather, I’m going to give the diet and exercise regimen that I personally use.

As far as exercise is concerned, I’m not really a huge weight lifter. It’s not that I don’t enjoy doing it, but lifting weights is something that you need a consistent partner for. However, I also do make sure to get a good run in. I’ve loved running ever since I was a kid, there’s just something about the feeling of my legs moving and the rush of wind on my face that really gets my adrenaline going. In addition, I always do my standard ab workouts after my run. Nothing to special here, mainly just variations on crunches and sit-ups.

My personal diet is all about balance. While I do eat a ton of unhealthy foods from places like Taco Bell, Raising Cane’s and Five Guys, I also get a good portion of nutrition from each of the major food groups. Two things that I adore are granola bars and peanut butter sandwiches. I’m not exactly a role model on how to eat granola bars, as I love them so much that I tend to go through half a box in a day. On the other hand, I feel like I eat a pretty healthy amount of peanut butter. I eat probably 2 or 3 sandwiches a day, usually accompanied by a serving of Wheat Thins.

I love all kinds of fruits. Apples, peaches, plums, even dragonfruit, you name it, and I probably enjoy it. The fruits I eat the most often are apples, bananas and pineapple. These fruits are pretty good year round, and the three of them come together to form a nice balance of crisp, juicy and refreshing.

What you drink is just as important as what you eat. I love root beer just as much as the next person, but soft drinks like soda should be enjoyed as more of an occasional treat, as opposed to an everyday affair. The best thing you can put in your body is water, and you’re supposed to drink a good amount everyday. Water is the only thing I drink before, during and after a workout, and is the most effective tool for refreshing your body. Outside of regular water, I’m also a huge fan of Vitamin Water, Gatorade, apple juice and white grape juice. While this selection won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, I find them to be light and refreshing drinks that keep me going during the day.

I don’t employ a perfect health routine, but I will say that the one that I do use has yet to fail me. I always wake up feeling refreshed and excited to tackle the day, and I never get even a little bit sick (knock on wood). While it is ultimately up to the individual to decide on a plan that best suits them, it definitely doesn’t hurt to have a general guideline to help out.