My New Years Resolution

My New Years Resolution

Hello 2017

5
My New Years Resolution
Ana Simon

Every year, all over the world people make a list of their new years resolutions. For the first week or so, people actually follow through with their resolutions, but after a while, we seem to stop. This year, I hope to be able to follow through with my resolutions a little longer than just a week. I decided my resolutions would be more simple, so I could actually keep them. These are my resolutions:

1. Smile More.

Although I love to smile, my mom always thinks I'm in a bad mood because I have a straight face. This year, I plan to smile more often so people will see that I am enjoying myself and their company.

2. Focus on myself.

I always put others before myself, and, although I don't plan to really change that, there are certain situations where I have to learn to put myself first. When something is important, I have to remember that I come first in my life.

3. Try to be more healthy.

I won't promise to go to the gym everyday and only eat vegetables, but I do want to promise myself to not eat two serving of pasta or three scoops of ice cream. Also, when I'm not busy, go run or go to the gym.

4. Have fun.

Sometimes I get really stressed and the end of the week I am really tired and don't want to do anything. Although that is fine sometimes, this year I want to take advantage of my free time and be with my friends more.

5. Not be on my phone so much.

I hope to be able to read more, work more, and exercise more.

6. Not judge a book my its cover.

I don't always mean to, but sometimes I judge someone before I even mean to. I don't do this very often, but this year I don't want to do it at all.

7. Be more vocal.

Sometimes, I am very shy. I need to break out of my shell in certain situations and be more vocal.

8. Be positive.

Instead of saying sorry, I will say thank you. For example, instead of saying, "Sorry for making you wait", I will say "Thank you for waiting!" When something goes wrong, I will not immediately fall into a panic and think everything is ruined. I will take a deep breath and find a resolution. I will stay positive, and not let negativity ruin a situation.

9. Be more up to date.

I want to dedicate at least an hour of my day to reading the news and seeing what is going on in the world. I want to be more of a global citizen and know what is going on in the world I live in.

10. Be more confident.

In certain situations, I am not very confident in myself. This leads to stress or not doing my best. From now on, I plan to be more confident. I will believe in myself and hopefully improve in certain things.

These are my resolutions. What are yours?