My Neighbor's Dog, Glacier

My Neighbor's Dog, Glacier

Although, I wish the title said "My Dog, Glacier" instead.

45
My Neighbor's Dog, Glacier
Photo from Instagram

I think I've made it clear previously that I live vicariously through people around me that have dogs. Primarily, that has been my closest friends. But about a month and a half ago, my neighbor, who I actually don't really know, got a puppy husky and blessed my life.

That might be an exaggeration, but it has definitely brightened my mood every time I go home, which, as I have also made clear previously, is a lot. So meet Glacier.

From what I've learned about Glacier (without even asking his owner) is that he's about a year old, and he's a crazy puppy. He's also my neighbor's only dog and has a whole backyard area that's fenced off for himself. In my opinion (which shouldn't be taken seriously), I would say that's kinda lonely, but I guess as a puppy, it doesn't phase him much.

The fence is a bunch of smooth metal bars and they let Glacier do what I think is one of the most hilarious things ever. He just like, pushes his head out so fast between the bars, and none of the rest of his body can fit through. So he looks like a husky bobble head every time he gets excited and can't handle his own energy.

Here's a visual on him trying to be a bobblehead.

A good boy trying to escapeInstagram

Still a good boy trying to escapeInstagram

Still still a good boy trying to escapeInstagram

Apart from his general craziness as a puppy, he's also a very smart boy that knows how to sit, lay down, and SHAKE! I know I sound really pathetic being obsessed with dogs around me, but that kinda stuff amazes me. Like, here we are as humans who force-domesticated these animals that we call dogs. And these dogs want nothing more than to give love and have fun. AND they know how to shake???

He's gotten really good at knowing when my mom's car pulls in the driveway and he's at the fence as soon as he hears it. One thing that throws me off occasionally is that 1) he hasn't been fixed yet and 2) his nails are suuuuper sharp. The first one is just a bit unnerving because he's a puppy and I've always known that it's super important to spay/neuter your pets. The second is just painful; when good boy shoves his face between the bars, he does sometimes manage to get his front legs out (like when he reaches out to shake) and if you're kneeling next to the fence, he'll accidentally claw up your legs. So yikes.

And just on a more cute level of info: he'll eat dandelions if you hold them up to him. And he's such a good model. Most of my pictures and videos from my camera roll are him. So, yeah.

It's gotten me thinking about the breed of dog I'll get in the future. But if I settle down in a place with really hot weather, I won't subject a husky to that. So for now, I'll just continue getting in my fill of a daily dog interaction with Glacier. Thanks, @neigbhbor.

Good BoyInstagram

I have endless picsInstagram

Hope this little bio about my neighbor's dog brightened up your day. Happy Finals/Graduation to Class of 2019!