To My Childhood BFFs Even Though We Grew Apart

As far away as I am from you, just know that I will always be there for you.

28

Dear childhood best friend(s):

Everyone has their childhood best friend or friends that they will never forget. Whether you talk to them to this day or not, you still think about them every once in a while, well, at least I do. I think that those friends deserve a big thank-you. Thank you for always wanting to go and hang out when there was 5 feet of snow on the ground. Thank you for wanting to go on a bike ride when it’s 100 degrees out in the middle of summer. You know who you are, and your friendship means so much to me.

I also want to thank you for being there for me through everything, even if it was something like my awkward polo phase. You were there with me through that, and my awkward hairstyle phase, too. You never judged me, my hair, my outfits, or even my jokes. We all know that 9 times out of 10 I really wasn’t that funny, but you still laughed with me. I don't know why, but some of you became my best friends even after I pulled your hair on the school bus in 1st grade.

Those best friends were there through it all. Some of you were even all in the same circle of friends, and you helped shaped me into who I am today. We all went through some of the same struggles together, even losing someone from our close inner circle. I know that you will be there for me even if I gave you a call right now. That’s a true childhood best friend, and like I said before, you deserve a big thank-you.

I know that some of us have parted ways, and that’s okay. I still think about you and our friendship, and I wish you well. I hope that some of you see this and know that I do think of you, and I do reminisce some of the times that we had together. They are memories that will last a lifetime, and I hope you feel the same way that I do.

I think it takes a special kind of friendship to be able to pick up right where we left off every time we are able to reconnect. You guys know who you are, and you know that I will always be there to laugh with you at 3 am just like old times. I know that we are all getting older, and we are all growing up and going our separate ways, that’s what makes it a little tougher. Back then, we were 9 or 10 years old predicting what our early 20s would be like, and now we are in our 20s wondering what our 40s will be like.

It’s crazy to think about, and even crazier to write about right now. As far away as I am from you, just know that I will always be there for you. You will always be my childhood best friend(s). I will never forget you, and I will always cherish our memories from our young years in life. I love you!