My Biggest Fear: Tomorrow

My Biggest Fear: Tomorrow

It could all instantly change.

44
My Biggest Fear: Tomorrow
robcubbon.com

Everyone has their little irrational fears. Whether it's spiders, deep water or party clowns, we are all afraid of something. Honestly, if you say you aren’t scared of anything, you aren’t impressing anyone. I have my own fears. Escalators throw me into a full panic and horror movies make me jump across the room. But my biggest fear of all, tomorrow.

No one knows what tomorrow brings. We could be expecting to go to a concert or go shopping with a friend but sometimes things take an unexpected turn. Events don’t go as planned. People leave unexpectedly. Your whole world can change in the blink of an eye, or rather, 24 hours. The next minute is even unknown. The next second. The next millisecond. Time changes everything.

We have all heard those horror stories. Innocent people getting shot and losing their lives because of another person's appalling decisions. Cars swerving out of control and wrapping around a tree. Natural disasters quickly and harmfully destroying everything in their path. Tomorrow can bring any of these things. You may think that you have been lucky so far and that nothing will happen to you or your loved ones. Even if you believe that tomorrow you will be just going to school and having lunch with a friend, anything in this beautiful and horrible world filled with sinful people can change that.

I am not saying that everything that happens tomorrow will be bad. Truthfully, most people will have a great next day. However, there are those who are not so lucky and never see it coming. You could be kind, friendly, and giving to everyone you meet but that does not mean you are safe. There is not manual to tell you how to live in order to come out unharmed. The worst things happen to the best people and that is truly a fact. I have seen so many newspaper articles and magazine covers about people who were taken from this world with no reason why. They rarely committed wrongful acts and were loved by so many. In an instant, they are taken from their families and friends for no reason at all. We can all ask why but I don’t think there is an answer to that question and that is what scares me the most.

I try my best to bring out the best in everyone around me and have my friends and family be grateful to have me in their life. I cherish everyone I love to the greatest extent and their happiness makes my world brighter. Like just about everyone, I do regret some parts of my life. Things that I have said and wanted to take back, fights that I have started, people that I have upset, and things that I wish I did when I had the chance. We all live with some regrets but we really need to live life to the fullest. Tomorrow is unclear. Don’t live with too many regrets. Laugh until your stomach hurts.

Love until your heart can’t take it.

Be kind to everyone.

Make memories that you will always cherish.

Every day, hour, minute, second, and millisecond are uncertain.

It's terrifying.