My Best Friend Can't Even Talk

My Best Friend Can't Even Talk

I don't have the traditional bestie. I have the best furry friend.

304
My Best Friend Can't Even Talk
personal photo

My best friend has four paws and a wet nose, and I am not ashamed to admit it. There are so many reasons why, but the most outstanding quality is his unconditional love.

Reason #1:

He can sense every mood I'm in and know exactly how to react. I always know that someone is happily waiting when I walk through the door. My furry friend greets me with a slobbery kiss and a wagging tail. No matter what space I am in emotionally or physically, he is always in the same state of mind. Happy.

Reason #2:

He has been there through it all- good times and bad, heartbreaks and victories, late nights and early mornings. When I would leave at 4:30 in the morning for a workout class, he would sit up in his pen, in complete darkness, because he knew it was me. When I pulled into the driveway at 6:30, there he was, staring at me through the front door, so excited that his tail moved all over and in every direction. He is always ready to play, even on nights when I didn't come home until 10:30 because I had too many commitments and not enough hours.

Reason #3:

He is the most loyal companion I could ever hope for. No matter how mad I get, I can't stay angry for long because I can't resist his smile. (Yes, dogs have a smile too.) Even the nights when he frustrates me to no end and I have to walk away, he holds no grudge. He plops down on the couch and waits. As soon as I sit down, he jumps into my lap and waits for a belly rub, as if nothing ever happened.

Reason #4:

He was there for me through my darkest time. He was the FIRST one to notice when something wasn't right. He knew something was different before I did. The moment I came home from school, he was glued to my side, and he didn't leave until I went to bed. Even the days I locked myself in my room, he laid outside my door. Even as I write this article, he is curled up next to me. His unspoken support is felt as I feel his heart beat in rhythm with mine.

To my best friend, thank you for being your happy self.

I will love you forever and always Cooper.