Moving Out, As Told By New Girl

Moving Out, As Told By New Girl

It's a lot harder than it looks, so ladies, get the hot neighbors to help.

26
Moving Out, As Told By New Girl

Women for years have been trying to break through stereotypes about being weak or lesser than men. For the most part, I agree with the destruction of that philosophy... unless it comes to moving in/out of your apartment with only X chromosomes to help. Big thanks to Jess and the boys for accurately describing the hell that is moving...

When the dreaded day comes to move what should be a year of your life, but looks like 40 years with all of the stuff you accumulated:

You start packing up and you and your roommates find an old bag of deli meat that had fell behind the fridge seven months ago...

And then you all get caught up in all the memories that happen at that apartment and it gets hard to let go...

When you're halfway done stuffing things into boxes and you're pretty sweaty, and all you want is a nap and some delivery service:

But you don't cave and you finally get to close that last box and take a step back and look at the sad empty space...

The shock and awe quickly end when you realize now you get to scrub your apartment from head to toe...

Many hours later, when the old is looking *somewhat* new again, you have to start the trek to the new abode...

Everything is WAY too heavy and you need assistance IMMEDIATELY...

Then the moment comes when you and your roommates realize that you're done cleaning, packing, and heavy lifting...

That is followed by the immediate feeling of sadness because it's the end of an era and some of us might be going separate ways...

But all is well because once roommates, always a family.