Moving Away From Home

Even Though I'm Moving Away From Home Doesn't Mean I'll Forget Where I Came From

Moving away from home is tough but i'll always remember where I came from

14

I recently had a conversation with my mom on the phone and she asked me why don't I just move back home when I graduate if I don't have a job by then. Well, I have multiple responsibilities here, to say the least. Home is pretty far from where I live now since I'm currently living in Pennsylvania and home is Long Island, New York. Since I'll be graduating pretty soon that means starting the job search and going on interviews not to mention my boyfriend and I just adopted a cat and my boyfriend lives here.

Moving here for school almost 4 years ago was extremely terrifying but I'm glad I did it because then I wouldn't have all the wonderful things that I have now. There are definitely some big differences between PA and NY, but I will never forget where I came from. Most of my family live on Long Island and a part of my heart will always remain there.

I know when the time comes to actually make the big move, it will be tough. I will be leaving my family who still reside there and some friends along with my pets. I know I will make it a habit of visiting them whenever I am able to and I am lucky enough to have an easy means of getting there by train. I will never forget my family and I know they have their concerns about me leaving and not visiting enough but they shouldn't be concerned because family is the most important thing for me.

Being a graduating senior the world is most certainly my oyster. Pretty soon I will have a job, an apartment and I'll be making a name for myself out in the real world. I will be sad to leave home for good, but I know that I will be back there soon and that I have a loving support team behind me to take on whatever comes next for me.