Films To Get Into The Christmas Spirit

Films To Get Into The Christmas Spirit

Take a break from finals, enjoy some tales of Christmastime!

22
Films To Get Into The Christmas Spirit
feralfront.com

While finals are right rearing their ugly heads again, take some time for yourself and watch some Christmas movies either on your own time or through ABC Family's famous Christmas countdown! Check out my list of films that definitely put me into the holiday spirit and makes me can't wait to go home!

1. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"

The classic 1964 special of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" is always a must for me every holiday season. The style of the special makes it one of its own in the realm of Christmas specials. The story of the reindeer who helped light the way for Santa is definitely worth a watch!

2. "Elf"

A newer classic of sorts, "Elf" is just a fun, goofy movie to watch around the holiday season. Seeing Will Ferrell dressed up as an elf running around the streets of New York City and attempting to act "normally" makes it a classic for us immature movie watchers.

3. "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town"

Another classic for the holiday season is "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town". Not only does it have an interesting style, just like Rudolph, it tells the story of how Santa Claus became who we know and love today.

4. "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

The Peanuts characters celebrating Christmas is another classic for people who enjoy heartwarming tales. The Peanuts characters learn the true meaning of Christmas, with one of the best scenes going to Linus van Pelt discussing how Christmas began.

5. "Home Alone" and "Home Alone 2"

Two of the typical 90s family movies are "Home Alone" and Home Alone 2", following the story of a young boy Kevin being left alone at his house and in NYC when his family goes on vacation during Christmastime. I specifically like "Home Alone 2" a lot because Kevin is running around New York City by himself right in the middle of the holidays, getting stuck in toy stores and in Central Park.

6. "Frosty the Snowman"

"Frosty the Snowman" is a classic tale that isn't directly Christmas based but more so, a winter special. Definitely a cute tale about wintertime and a snowman who comes to life when putting a magical top hat on his head!

7. "Shrek the Halls"

A must in my house now is "Shrek the Halls", a Christmas special revolved around our favorite ogre. My family particularly enjoys this special just for the tongue in cheek humor and more insane take on families getting together for the holidays (exactly how it is in our house!).

8. "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

Definitely a bit more adult like of a film, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" was a movie shown to me early in my life as a Christmas classic from my parents. It shows a more real aspect of how Christmas is like in a household, like getting extremely frustrated with family you haven't seen in years. However, it's done in a hilarious manner!

9. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

Okay, no, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" in the cartoon form is the only Grinch I watch. This cartoon that directly follows Dr. Seuss' book of the same name is a great film to watch to not only understand Christmas but also enjoy watching the Grinch steal everything from one of the homes in Whoville.

10. "Prep & Landing"

A semi-new Christmas special made by ABC is "Prep & Landing". Most Christmas specials revolve around Santa or a family but never the elves! But now, look no further! "Prep & Landing" takes a look into how the elves help Santa every Christmas Eve night to deliver presents all over the world!