Movies I'm Excited About This Year

Movies I'm Excited About This Year

This year for movies looks great.

81
Movies I'm Excited About This Year
The Stadium Theatre

I am extremely excited for this year in cinema so I thought I’d share the upcoming titles that I am interested in seeing. This list will be of movies that I believe are sure to be big ticket films this year as well.

Let’s start things off with my favorite category: Superheroes!

Honestly, Marvel and everyone who is affiliated is going to clean up this year.

Starting off with “Black Panther” which arrives in theaters on February 16. This is the first Marvel movie lead by a mostly black cast. I can not wait to see Wakanda come to life.

Next, in order, we have “The New Mutants” in April. Since Logan, the fate of the cinematic X-Men universe has been speculated by fans. This will surely be an interesting addition. Telling from the trailer it looks to be more on the horror spectrum but intriguing nonetheless.

Next, the highly anticipated “Avengers: Infinity War Part One” in May. When this trailer came out I almost cried, no joke. The release of “Iron Man” in 2008 jump-started the MCEU and no one could have predicted how expansive it would be or how awesome it would be, especially how lucrative. With it coming to an end, I look back and appreciate the superheroes and villains that have graced the screen in my lifetime.

Next, the also highly anticipated “Deadpool 2” comes out on the first of June. The Merc with a Mouth, Wade Wilson will be back this summer. Over the top violence, hilarity and a kick-butt soundtrack will bless us much like the first one. I have high hopes for this one.

And to end the cinematic giants, lastly, we have “Ant-Man and the Wasp” in July. I held some hesitation toward seeing the first one. I kind of thought a superhero who could shrink and talk to ants was whack. But “Ant-Man” honestly surprised me when I saw it. So I can not wait to check out the sequel.

Next category: Romance

I’m not a romance, kind of girl. They are all predictable and sappy for my particular taste but I just have to see how the world’s “favorite” franchise ends.

And oh yes. I am talking about “Fifty Shades Freed”, the final installment of the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Where, Ms. Anastasia Steele becomes Mrs. Grey and from the trailers, she is letting everybody know who her man belongs to, which I give respect.

It will hit theaters on February 9, a couple days before Valentines Day, so people take notes. I’m sure it will be a masterpiece to behold.

Next category: Disney

I will always have a soft spot for Disney movies, after all, they are basically my whole childhood. And if you ever find me singing any song it’s usually a Disney one.

Anyhow, first up we have “A Wrinkle in Time” which looks to be visually stunning and stars Oprah Winfrey, Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon (these ladies are always a plus in my book). It will be in theaters in March.

Disney Pixar has given us more “Toy Stories”, and a “Finding Nemo” sequel that no one asked for. Finally, after fifteen long years, the sequel kids like me has been waiting for, “The Incredibles 2” will bless us and the theaters on June 15.

Next category: Action

I love a good action movie. Something that keeps me on the edge of my seat and makes me actually root for the main character.

The first movie is “Proud Mary” coming into theaters on January 12. Seeing Taraji P. Henson, play the incomparable Cookie Lyon on “Empire” has given me life for four seasons now. Having her queenliness portray a hit-women in “Proud Mary” might make me actually cry.

Next, “Tomb Raider” which hits theaters on March 16. I’m always a bit of put by movies based off of video games because they do not go well from my experience, for example, the first attempt at a “Tomb Raider” with Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft. I did not connect with it and I felt that Angelina Jolie was only cast because of who she was not who the studio thought could do a good job as the character. I have a little more faith in this one, so cross your fingers, everyone.

Next category: Horror

None because I am a baby. For you scare junkies out there let me know how they went. I’ll be home finding anything else to do.

I hope you all are as excited for this year of movies as I am.