Motivation For The Road Ahead

Motivation For The Road Ahead

Life is a long journey where you must work towards your destination.

78
https://skitterphoto.com/photos/3165/road-lying-ahead-in-the-forest-greece

Work is a definite part of life. It makes us who we are. We wouldn't be in the advanced society we are in today if not for ingenuity, determination, and curiosity. Although these qualities are good, we sometimes lose sight of them when tasks become difficult or life becomes busy. We so easily lose track of our motivation, and struggle to find it again when the comfort of laziness takes over. Luckily, this doesn't have to be a permanent problem. With a couple tips taken from below, you can get back on track towards living a happy, successful life.

1)  Look up inspirational quotes.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." -Carol Burnett

2) Ask a friend for help.

Working next to a friend may be distracting to some, but for others, it can release a sense of urgency. Seeing others work can make us realize our need to work as well.

3) Create a To-Do list.

Writing a list immediately makes me feel calmer. There is something satisfying about being able to cross off a task when completed.

4) Download a concentration app.

One of my favorites is called "Forest". You type in how long you want to work for, and then you hit play. A plant grows, but if you open up apps on your phone before the time ends, it dies. All your trees are stored in a garden for you to see (even the dead ones).

5) Make a playlist filled with motivating songs.

"Eye of the Tiger", "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", and "Here Comes the Sun" are my favorites.

6) Start with a tiny task.

Once your work is started, it will be a lot more difficult for you to make an excuse to not finish it.

7) Treat yourself.

After you put in a great amount of effort, your body needs a break. Give yourself a 10 minute break, a nap, or your favorite snack.

8) Eliminate all distractions.

Yes, that means ALL distractions. If you can't focus, you won't produce quality work. Turn off your phone notifications if you think it will help.

9) Find a work place that suits your needs.

If you focus best in a calm and quiet environment, don't try working in a busy restaurant. If you know you will get distracted in your room, go to the library.

10) Make a schedule and stick to it.

If you need to schedule a time in your day to study, do it. It will be beneficial to organize your time in a wise manner.