Mother Nature Only Gave Us 3 Weeks Of Spring, So Don't Waste It

Better throw your ENO in your backpack before you leave for class.

380
Wikimedia

For those of you in the Midwest and maybe other places where there was snow a week ago and it’s 70 degrees outside today, I think we can safely say that spring has finally sprung. We should have been able to say this a month ago, but we apparently can’t rely on the seasons anymore. The fact of the matter is that there’s only a few more weeks of school left before finals and summer time! If you live in an area that drew the short end of the stick when it came to the gross un-springlike weather we’ve been having, it is imperative that you take advantage of these three free ways to enjoy the beautiful weather towards the end of the school year.

1. Study in a new spot

Finals week is quickly approaching and if you study as much as you probably should, you know how easy it is to become drained and unmotivated. A change of scenery will do wonders for you. Make a list of all the places to study on campus, even in buildings you’ve never stepped foot in, and use that as your study spot checklist. You can even study outside! The possibilities are endless.

2. Walk to class more.

There has been some wacky weather this spring. It was snowing about a week ago and now it’s finally feeling more like spring should. These next few weeks are crunch time, so give your mind, body, and soul a little TLC and walk to places instead of taking the bus. You’ll feel so much more refreshed and have time to let your brain relax before sitting down in class or a library to study for the next few hours.

3. Soak up some sun and enjoy the spring breeze.

Have a hammock? Go use it. Want to lay in the grass between classes? Do it. It’s spring time and you’re a college student, so enjoy the weather while you can before you start working this summer.

These 3 activities are simple and maybe obvious, but it is so easy to get caught up in the craziness of the end of the semester. Whatever your workload may be, give your mind and body a deserved break from studying and enjoy the outdoors as much as you can. You won’t regret it.